SENIOR PLAYERS / FALL 2023
The BLP Senior Players (9th – 12th graders) presents Grease.
Here is Rydell High’s senior class of 1959: duck-tailed, hot-rodding “Burger Palace Boys” and their gum-snapping, hip-shaking “Pink Ladies” in bobby sox and pedal pushers, evoking the look and sound of the 1950s in this rollicking musical. Head “greaser” Danny Zuko and new (good) girl Sandy Dumbrowski try to relive the high romance of their “Summer Nights” as the rest of the gang sings and dances its way through such songs as “Greased Lightnin’,” “It’s Raining on Prom Night,” “Alone at the Drive-In Movie” recalling the music of Buddy Holly, Little Richard, and Elvis Presley that became the soundtrack of a generation. An eight-year run on Broadway and two subsequent revivals, along with innumerable school and community productions place Grease among the world’s most popular musicals.
*Please note that students will be double casted (all students will be in both casts). If only one cast is needed the tech rehearsal and show schedule will be amended.
Thursdays from 7:00 – 9:30 pm
Thursday, October 19th
Friday, March 8th / 4:30 – 8:30 pm
Thursday, March 14th / 7:00 – 9:30 pm (Clean up rehearsal)
Monday, March 18th / 5:00 – 9:30 pm (Dress Rehearsal)
Tuesday, March 19th / 5:00 – 9:30 pm (Dress Rehearsal)
Wednesday, March 20th / 5:00 – 9:30 pm (Full Dress Rehearsal w/makeup and hair)
Thursday, March 21st @ 6:30 pm
(call time 4:30 pm)
Saturday, March 23rd @ 6:30 pm
(call time 4:30 pm)
Friday, March 22nd @ 6:30 pm
(call time 4:30 pm)
Saturday, March 23rd @ 2:00 pm
(call time 1:00 pm)
Wednesday, October 11th / 5:00 – 7:00pm
Thursday, October 12th / 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Register for the semester.
- Pay (click the link below).
- Sign up for a time slot for auditions.
- Be sure to read the audition packet! (will be emailed soon).
- Prepare a song to audition with and familiarize yourself with the lines.
- Bring your audition packet to auditions
- Sign all four policy/waivers found at the link below.
• Cast Size is limited and will fill up quickly. Tuition includes props, sets, mic rentals, cds, scripts, the rights to produce the play, and instructional time. There will be some costumes that parents will need to be responsible for.
• Everyone that registers will have a part in the show.
• Children and parents are expected to follow and adhere to the policies listed on our kindness and policies contract. Should there be a continuing problem, the child will not be allowed to participate in Brittany Leazer Productions.
• Tech week rehearsals and performances are MANDATORY
FALL 2023 CANCELLED CLASSES
Due to space issues or students involvement in shows, sometimes we have to cancel classes. Please refer to the Master Calendar for the most up to date information. Here is the current class cancellation schedule for Fall 2023 as of August:
September 25th – 29th : Fall Break – All classes & rehearsals cancelled
October 25th – All Elementary School classes cancelled
October 26th – No Alice in Wonderland or Grease Rehearsal
October 31st – All classes and company cancelled
November 1st – Dance Company cancelled
November 7th – Onyx only company rehearsal, No Platinum or Gold
November 8th – MS/HS Improv and Acting for Film cancelled
November 9th – MS Contemporary and Broadway Jazz cancelled
Nov 20th – 24th : Thanksgiving Break – All classes & rehearsals cancelled
December 15th – January 4th – BLP/ECT closure
Open classes and shows are available to the public.
Anyone can take and participate in these classes and shows.
Company classes and shows refers to classes and shows only offered/available for East Cobb Theatrical company members and/or Dance Company members(ie. Shrek the Musical, the musical revue, and company group classes for acting, musical theater, dance, and voice).
Want more theater in our community? We need you to make that happen! Click here to support and donate to East Cobb Theatrical. All donations are 100% tax deductible.
We are devoted to developing young actors filled with courage, confidence, and passion in a Christ-centered environment. Students participating in the program will learn to reach within themselves to affect and move audiences.
2863 Johnson Ferry Rd.
Marietta, GA 30062
RELEASE, WAIVER, & POLICY FORMS