INTERMEDIATE PLAYERS / FALL 2020
BEAUTY & THE BEAST
BL Productions Intermediate Players are proud to present Beauty and the Beast.The classic story tells of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped under the spell of an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed to his former self. But time is running out. If the Beast does not learn his lesson soon, he and his household will be doomed for all eternity.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During rehearsals students will actively engage in an interactive theatre education as well as learn the production process from start to finish. In the class students will explore characterization, basic theatre terms, improv exercises. Students will also be trained how to make interesting choices on stage, movement, and vocal instruction.
August 20th from 5:00 – 7:30 at the new BLP studio located on Johnson Ferry Road.
Rehearsals will be on Thursdays from 4:45 – 6:45 at BLP’s studio.
Performances will be November 12th – 14th.
The cast party will be on December 10th from 4:45 – 6:15.
Check out the calendar below to see all rehearsal dates, tech week dates, and performance dates.
CHECKLIST FOR REGISTERING & AUDITIONS
- Register for the semester.
- Pay (click the link below).
- Sign up for a time slot for auditions.
- Be sure to read the audition packet! (will be posted below soon)
- Prepare a song to audition with and familiarize yourself with the lines.
- Bring your audition packet and signed policies contract to auditions.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS PRODUCTION
• Tuition is $400 and is NON REFUNDABLE after auditions. Please note that by registering you are committing financially and that you understand that we cannot offer refunds after auditions, even in unforeseen circumstances such as a pandemic.
• Cast Size is limited and will fill up quickly. Tuition includes props, sets, mic rentals, cds, scripts, the rights to produce the play, and instructional time. There will be some costumes that parents will need to be responsible for.
• Everyone that registers will have a part in the show.
• Children and parents are expected to follow and adhere to the policies listed on our kindness and policies contract. Should there be a continuing problem, the child will not be allowed to participate in Brittany Leazer Productions.
• All bootcamps, tech week rehearsals, and performances are MANDATORY
Open classes and shows are available to the public.
Anyone can take and participate in these classes and shows.
Company classes and shows refers to classes and shows only offered/available for company memberes (ie. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the musical revue, and company group classes for acting, musical theater, dance, and voice).
Want more theater in our community? We need you to make that happen! Click here to support and donate to East Cobb Theatrical. All donations are 100% tax deductible.
We are devoted to developing young actors filled with courage, confidence, and passion in a Christ-centered environment. Students participating in the program will learn to reach within themselves to affect and move audiences.
2863 Johnson Ferry Rd.
Marietta, GA 30062
RELEASE, WAIVER, & POLICY FORMS