INTERMEDIATE PLAYERS / FALL 2022
ELF THE MUSICAL JR.
Registration is not complete without payment.
The BLP Intermediate Players will present Elf The Musical JR. For upcoming 5th-8th Graders.
*Registration is limited
A title known the world over, Elf The Musical JR. is a must-produce holiday musical that can easily become an annual tradition for any theatre. Based on the cherished New Line Cinema hit, Elf JR. features songs by Tony Award-nominees, Matthew Sklar and Chad Beguelin, with a book by Tony Award-winners, Thomas Meehan and Bob Martin.
Buddy, a young orphan, mistakenly crawls into Santa’s bag of gifts and is transported to the North Pole. The would-be elf is raised, unaware that he is actually a human, until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa’s permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father and discover his true identity. Faced with the harsh reality that his father is on the naughty list and that his half-brother doesn’t even believe in Santa, Buddy is determined to win over his new family and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas.
This modern-day holiday classic is sure to make every young performer embrace his or her “inner elf” with plenty of large ensemble numbers featuring elves and (New Yorkers) of every type.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During rehearsals students will actively engage in an interactive theatre education as well as learn the production process from start to finish. In the class students will explore characterization, basic theatre terms, improv exercises. Students will also be trained how to make interesting choices on stage, movement, and vocal instruction.
Please note, each cast meets weekly.
Thursdays / 5:00–7:00pm
Tuition is not collected by iClassPro and must be paid via THIS LINK at the time of registration in order for registration to be considered complete.
CHECKLIST FOR REGISTERING & AUDITIONS
- Register for the semester.
- Pay (click the link below).
- Sign up for a time slot for auditions.
- Be sure to read the audition packet! (will be emailed to you once you register).
- Prepare a song to audition with and familiarize yourself with the lines.
- Bring your audition packet to auditions
- Sign all four policy/waivers found at the link below.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS PRODUCTION
• Tuition is $450 and is NON REFUNDABLE after auditions. Please note that by registering you are committing financially and that you understand that we cannot offer refunds after auditions, even in unforeseen circumstances such as a pandemic.
• Cast Size is limited and will fill up quickly. Tuition includes props, sets, mic rentals, cds, scripts, the rights to produce the play, and instructional time. There will be some costumes that parents will need to be responsible for.
• Everyone that registers will have a part in the show.
• Children and parents are expected to follow and adhere to the policies listed on our kindness and policies contract. Should there be a continuing problem, the child will not be allowed to participate in Brittany Leazer Productions.
- 8/11 & 8/12: Auditions
- 8/18: Rehearsals begin
- 10/8: Bootcamp
- (cast 1: 9am-12pm)
- (cast 2: 12pm-3pm)
- (cast 3: 3pm-6pm)
- 11/27: Tech Rehearsal
- (cast 1: 1pm-3:30pm)
- (cast 2: 3:30pm-6pm)
- (cast 3: 6pm-8:30pm)
- 11/28: Dress Rehearsal (cast 1: 5-9pm)
- 11/29: Dress Rehearsal (cast 2: 5-9pm)
- 11/30: Dress Rehearsal (cast 3: 5-9pm)
- 12/1: Show (cast 1: 6:30pm)
- 12/2: Show (cast 2: 6:30pm)
- 12/3: Shows (cast 2: 2pm / cast 3: 6:30pm)
- 12/4: Shows (cast 3: 2pm / cast 1: 6:30pm)
- 12/9: Show (cast 1: 6:30pm)
- 12/10: Shows (cast 3, 2pm / cast 2: 6:30pm)
• Tech week rehearsals and performances are MANDATORY
Open classes and shows are available to the public.
Anyone can take and participate in these classes and shows.
Company classes and shows refers to classes and shows only offered/available for company memberes (ie. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the musical revue, and company group classes for acting, musical theater, dance, and voice).
Want more theater in our community? We need you to make that happen! Click here to support and donate to East Cobb Theatrical. All donations are 100% tax deductible.
We are devoted to developing young actors filled with courage, confidence, and passion in a Christ-centered environment. Students participating in the program will learn to reach within themselves to affect and move audiences.
2863 Johnson Ferry Rd.
Marietta, GA 30062
RELEASE, WAIVER, & POLICY FORMS