JUNIOR PLAYERS / FALL 2022
MAGIC TREE HOUSE: THE KNIGHT AT DAWN KIDS
Registration is not complete without payment.
The BLP Junior Players will present The Knight at Dawn Kids. For K – 4th Graders.
*Registration is limited
Magic Tree House: The Knight at Dawn KIDS is an adaptation of the second of Mary Pope Osborne’s award-winning fantasy adventure books from the Magic Tree House book series, which has sold more than 100 million copies and is available in more than 100 countries around the world. This time around, Jack and Annie’s tree house takes them to an age of knights in shining armor, where the two discover the power of hope and the true meaning of gallantry.
The two siblings, Jack and Annie, return to visit the magic tree house. As they read a book about knights and the middle ages, Annie is intrigued by the Black Knight and the mysterious quest one must successfully complete before becoming a knight. When she wishes to visit the castle in the book, the siblings are whisked away to medieval times. They set off to learn more about the Black Knight and his quest, experiencing a grand medieval feast, escaping through secret tunnels and dancing with enchanted suits of armor, all in an effort to find their way back home.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During rehearsals students will actively engage in an interactive theatre education as well as learn the production process from start to finish. In the class students will explore characterization, basic theatre terms, improv exercises. Students will also be trained how to make interesting choices on stage, movement, and vocal instruction.
Please note, each cast meets weekly.
TUESDAY CAST: Tuesdays / 3:30–4:30pm
THURSDAY CAST: Thursdays / 3:30–4:30pm
Tuition is not collected by iClassPro and must be paid via THIS LINK at the time of registration in order for registration to be considered complete.
• Tuesday, August 10th / 5:00 – 8:00pm &
• Wednesday, August 11th / 5:00 – 7:00pm
Students will sign up for a 15 minute time slot.
CHECKLIST FOR REGISTERING & AUDITIONS
- Register for the semester.
- Pay (click the link below).
- Sign up for a time slot for auditions.
- Be sure to read the audition packet! (will be emailed to you once you register).
- Prepare a song to audition with and familiarize yourself with the lines.
- Bring your audition packet to auditions
- Sign all four policy/waivers found at the link below.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS PRODUCTION
• Tuition is $375 and is NON REFUNDABLE after auditions. Please note that by registering you are committing financially and that you understand that we cannot offer refunds after auditions, even in unforeseen circumstances such as a pandemic.
• Cast Size is limited and will fill up quickly. Tuition includes props, sets, mic rentals, cds, scripts, the rights to produce the play, and instructional time. There will be some costumes that parents will need to be responsible for.
• Everyone that registers will have a part in the show.
• Children and parents are expected to follow and adhere to the policies listed on our kindness and policies contract. Should there be a continuing problem, the child will not be allowed to participate in Brittany Leazer Productions.
• Tech week rehearsals and performances are MANDATORY
Open classes and shows are available to the public.
Anyone can take and participate in these classes and shows.
Company classes and shows refers to classes and shows only offered/available for company memberes (ie. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the musical revue, and company group classes for acting, musical theater, dance, and voice).
Want more theater in our community? We need you to make that happen! Click here to support and donate to East Cobb Theatrical. All donations are 100% tax deductible.
We are devoted to developing young actors filled with courage, confidence, and passion in a Christ-centered environment. Students participating in the program will learn to reach within themselves to affect and move audiences.
2863 Johnson Ferry Rd.
Marietta, GA 30062
RELEASE, WAIVER, & POLICY FORMS