SENIO PLAYERS / FALL 2022
THE SOUND OF MUSIC
Registration is not complete without payment.
The BLP Senior Players will present The Sound of Music. For upcoming 9th-12th Graders.
*Registration is limited
This final collaboration between Rodgers & Hammerstein was destined to become the world’s most beloved musical. Featuring a trove of cherished songs, including “Climb Ev’ry Mountain,” “My Favorite Things,” “Do Re Mi,” “Sixteen Going on Seventeen” and the title number, The Sound of Music won the hearts of audiences worldwide, earning five Tony Awards and five Oscars. The inspirational story, based on the memoir of Maria Augusta Trapp, follows an ebullient postulate who serves as governess to the seven children of the imperious Captain von Trapp, bringing music and joy to the household. But as the forces of Nazism take hold of Austria, Maria and the entire von Trapp family must make a moral decision. In the face of adversity and fear, the von Trapp family saga reminds us all that standing for what’s right matters, even when the cost is unbelievably high.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During rehearsals students will actively engage in an interactive theatre education as well as learn the production process from start to finish. In the class students will explore characterization, basic theatre terms, improv exercises. Students will also be trained how to make interesting choices on stage, movement, and vocal instruction.
Please note, rehearsals are twice weekly.
- Tech Rehearsals: Nov. 14-15
- Dress Rehearsal: Nov. 16
- Performances: Nov. 17-19
- Saturday, August 6, from 10am-1pm (students will sign up for a 15-minute time slot)
- Mondays / 7:00-9:00pm
- Thursdays / 7:15-9:00pm
Tuition is not collected by iClassPro and must be paid via THIS LINK at the time of registration in order for registration to be considered complete.
CHECKLIST FOR REGISTERING & AUDITIONS
- Register for the semester.
- Pay (click the link below).
- Sign up for a time slot for auditions.
- Be sure to read the audition packet! (will be emailed to you once you register).
- Prepare a song to audition with and familiarize yourself with the lines.
- Bring your audition packet to auditions
- Sign all four policy/waivers found at the link below.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS PRODUCTION
• Tuition is $495 and is NON REFUNDABLE after auditions. Please note that by registering you are committing financially and that you understand that we cannot offer refunds after auditions, even in unforeseen circumstances such as a pandemic.
• Cast Size is limited and will fill up quickly. Tuition includes props, sets, mic rentals, cds, scripts, the rights to produce the play, and instructional time. There will be some costumes that parents will need to be responsible for.
• Everyone that registers will have a part in the show.
• Children and parents are expected to follow and adhere to the policies listed on our kindness and policies contract. Should there be a continuing problem, the child will not be allowed to participate in Brittany Leazer Productions.
• Tech week rehearsals and performances are MANDATORY
Open classes and shows are available to the public.
Anyone can take and participate in these classes and shows.
Company classes and shows refers to classes and shows only offered/available for company memberes (ie. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the musical revue, and company group classes for acting, musical theater, dance, and voice).
Want more theater in our community? We need you to make that happen! Click here to support and donate to East Cobb Theatrical. All donations are 100% tax deductible.
We are devoted to developing young actors filled with courage, confidence, and passion in a Christ-centered environment. Students participating in the program will learn to reach within themselves to affect and move audiences.
2863 Johnson Ferry Rd.
Marietta, GA 30062
RELEASE, WAIVER, & POLICY FORMS