SENIOR PLAYERS / FALL 2021
THE LITTLE MERMAID
Registration is not complete without payment.
BLP Senior Players Present: Disney’s The Little Mermaid
This show will possibly be split into two separate casts depending on demand.
Based on one of Hans Christian Andersen’s most beloved stories and the classic animated film, Disney’s The Little Mermaid is a hauntingly beautiful love story for the ages. With music by eight-time Academy Award winner, Alan Menken, lyrics by Howard Ashman and Glenn Slater and a compelling book by Doug Wright, this fishy fable will capture your heart with its irresistible songs, including “Under the Sea,” “Kiss the Girl” and “Part of Your World.”
Auditions will be held August 9th, 2021 You will receive a link to sign up for an audition time slot.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During rehearsals students will actively engage in an interactive theatre education as well as learn the production process from start to finish. In the class students will explore characterization, basic theatre terms, improv exercises. Students will also be trained how to make interesting choices on stage, movement, and vocal instruction.
Please note, each cast meets weekly.
CAST ONE (Tuesday Cast)
Monday August 23rd / 7 – 9 pm
Mondays / 7 – 9 pm &
Thursdays / 7:15 – 9 pm
BOOT CAMP REHEARSAL:
Saturday October 16th / 9 am – 1 pm
Wednesday November 17th / 5 – 8 pm
Thursday November 18th / 5 – 9 pm
Monday November 29 / 5 – 9 pm
(Dress Rehearsal (costumes))
Tuesday November 30th – OFF
(please reserve date if extra rehearsal is needed)
Wednesday December 1st / 5 – 9
(Full Dress Rehearsal (makeup and hair and costumes))
Thursday December 2nd / 6:30pm
(call time 4:30 pm)
Friday December 3rd / 6:30pm
(call time 5:00 pm)
Saturday December 4th / 2pm and 6:30pm
(call time 12:45 pm)
Sunday December 4th / 2pm and 6:30pm
(call time 12:45 pm)
December 9th / 7:15 – 8:30pm
Group 1: Monday, August 9th / 5 – 7 pm
Group 2: Monday, August 9th / 7 – 9 pm
CHECKLIST FOR REGISTERING & AUDITIONS
- Register for the semester.
- Pay (click the link below).
- Sign up for a time slot for auditions.
- Be sure to read the audition packet! (will be emailed to you once you register).
- Prepare a song to audition with and familiarize yourself with the lines.
- Bring your audition packet to auditions
- Sign all four policy/waivers found at the link below.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS PRODUCTION
• Tuition is $480 and is NON REFUNDABLE after auditions. Please note that by registering you are committing financially and that you understand that we cannot offer refunds after auditions, even in unforeseen circumstances such as a pandemic.
• Cast Size is limited and will fill up quickly. Tuition includes props, sets, mic rentals, cds, scripts, the rights to produce the play, and instructional time. There will be some costumes that parents will need to be responsible for.
• Everyone that registers will have a part in the show.
• Children and parents are expected to follow and adhere to the policies listed on our kindness and policies contract. Should there be a continuing problem, the child will not be allowed to participate in Brittany Leazer Productions.
• Tech week rehearsals and performances are MANDATORY
Open classes and shows are available to the public.
Anyone can take and participate in these classes and shows.
Company classes and shows refers to classes and shows only offered/available for company memberes (ie. Matilda the Musical, the musical revue, and company group classes for acting, musical theater, dance, and voice.
Want more theater in our community? We need you to make that happen! Click here to support and donate to East Cobb Theatrical. All donations are 100% tax deductible.
We are devoted to developing young actors filled with courage, confidence, and passion in a Christ-centered environment. Students participating in the program will learn to reach within themselves to affect and move audiences.
2863 Johnson Ferry Rd.
Marietta, GA 30062
RELEASE, WAIVER, & POLICY FORMS